International MotoFest COVID-19 Update
Following the Australian Federal Government’s announcement regarding any non-essential organised public gatherings above 500 people, and the Australian Government’s International Travel Restrictions, we have taken the decision to postpone International MotoFest planned to take place from 7 – 10 May at The Bend Motorsport Park.
The decision has been made in conjunction with Motorcycling Australia (promoters of Australian Superbike Championship), Two Wheels Motor Racing (promoters of Asia Road Racing Championship), and Dorna (promoters of Asia Talent Cup) and all stakeholders are working through a revised date for International MotoFest, and specifically rescheduling of the following events;
- Round 3, mi-bike Motorcycle Insurance Australian Superbike Championship, presented by Motul
- Round 2, FIM Asia Road Racing Championship
- Round 3, Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup
Once new dates have been confirmed, a further announcement will be made, and all current ticketholders will receive replacement tickets.
OTR The Bend 500, featuring the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship is still set to take place on 18 – 20 September at The Bend Motorsport Park and we are looking forward to breaking the record for the most Holdens in convoy. The latest tally of registrations is at 1,000+ cars and we are closing in on the previous record of 1,200.
To stay updated please follow our social media channels @thebendmotorsportpark or subscribe to our newsletter. We will continue to monitor advice from government and health authorities and act accordingly at the right time with regard to future planned events.
For those who wish to continue enjoying motorsport activities, please read on for details on visiting The Bend.
VISITOR ADVICE – COVID-19 VIRUS
To ensure we can continue to provide motorsport activities in the midst of COVID-19, we are asking all visitors to the park, including staff, competitors and promoters, to follow the latest information and advice from SA Health and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Most events and activities at The Bend have under 500 people in attendance, so low risk events and experiences at this stage will go ahead as planned.
Any events near to or over 500 attendees in the next 1 – 3 months will either be restricted to competitors only/no spectators, or be postponed or cancelled, though we are reviewing all events in liaison with 3rd party promoters on a week to week basis.
Our first priority, whether you are visiting, participating or spectating at The Bend, is the safety and wellbeing of all visitors to the venue. We are following guidelines from SA Health in regards to crowds and events, and we are monitoring their recommendations as the situation changes rapidly. The venue remains open, including FUEL Restaurant & Bar where dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rydges Pit Lane Hotel and the BIG4 Holiday Park are open, as is the Karting Circuit.
If you are ready to enjoy previously booked experiences, the following will continue until advised otherwise as they fall within the 500 people gathering limit;
- Open Track Days / Champions Ride Days
- Drive and Ride Hot Lap experiences (including Mustang and Formula Toyota)
- Driver Experience Half and Full Day
- Cycle The Bend
- Speed Off the Street
- Track Day 120
The health and safety of our guests and employees is our highest priority.
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, we continue to take measures to enhance our existing high standards around personal hygiene and cleaning.
To mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19 we have:
- Increased employee awareness of the requirement to maintain the highest level of health and safety in our workplaces at all times.
- Increased the frequency of cleaning of public areas (including the lobby, elevators, stairs, door handles, and bathrooms) using high grade multi-surface cleaners and disinfectant
- Ensured that we have the best supply we can arrange of hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial soaps in bathrooms.
We are closely monitoring advice from Government and Health authorities and updating our processes accordingly.
You can help us and others by following these basic preventative measures:
- Stay home and not attend if you are feeling unwell, or have any pre-existing medical conditions (heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, lung issues) putting you at a higher particular risk
- Stay home and not attend if you have been to a country considered at higher risk of COVID-19 (excluding airport transit) in the past 14 days
- Making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
CANCELLATIONS / POSTPONING EVENTS
Should events be cancelled / postponed as directed by SA Health or Promoters, we will communicate updates via social media and our website.
We will communicate updates via our newsletter and social media channels @thebendmotorsportpark. This is a constantly changing situation, and we will continue to communicate changes as they happen based on advice from the relevant health authorities.
We appreciate your patience and understanding in the coming days and weeks as we work through these challenging times. If you have any further queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bend Motorsport Park